Karla Stover's Blog

I visited with a friend, made contact with a long-lost cousin and the sun came out. How happy am I?

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

The sun is shinning, one of my cats is sitting on my desk watching the bird feeders, and I'm working on an historical fiction book for my Canadian publisher, Books We Love. My two previous books with them are murder mysteries.  Puget Sound aficionados can check them out: Murder on the Line and Murder, When One isn't Enough. They take place in locations other than Seattle.

The book I'm currently working on is a bit of a ghost story and takes place in York--a place I love and where I have relatives. The research to try and capture both the time and location is a lot of work but I don't like historical fiction that feels too modern. That being said, at the end of Anne Bronte's The Tenant of Wildfeld Hall, the heroine does the proposing. How funny is that? It's a long book but  quite readable and one thing it made very clear, people's social circles back then were very small, mostly limited to neighbors, something I have to keep in mind with my book.

Anyway, watch for Wynters Way, coming out at the end of the year. It has a great cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment