Karla Stover's Blog

I visited with a friend, made contact with a long-lost cousin and the sun came out. How happy am I?

Friday, July 12, 2013

Some wallowing in nostalgia is good. At least that is what an interviewee on NPR said yesterday. Apparently the wallowing process warms a person up during cold weather. I am nostalgic about things that society has taken away, such as fun in school at Christmas making decorations, being able to trick or treat door to door without my parents, and I guess about the golden years in Hollywood which was actually before my time. I am current reading Betty Grable's biography. I've notice a lot of mystery books being set before cell phone and computers - - some old fashioned gumshoe work required. My mystery (in pre-production) A Line to Murder takes place circa 1988. Hopefully I scooted right past leg warmers and sideways ponytails.

No comments:

Post a Comment